Articles of Incorporation
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
The undersigned incorporators, all of legal age and majority of whom are residents of the Philippines, have this day voluntarily agreed to form a non-stock and non-profit association under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
FIRST: The name of the said association shall be:
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES ALUMNI ENGINEERS ASSOCIATION INC.
SECOND: That the purpose or purposes for which such association is incorporated are:
1. To unite ourselves for concerted and energetic action on all professional matters pertaining to our individual and collective interest;
2. To promote friendship, loyalty and cooperation among ourselves;
3. To cultivate and maintain cordial and fraternal relation between ourselves and the outside world;
4. To make more effective our service to our country and the Alma Mater.
As incidental to such purposes, the corporation shall have the power:
1. To purchase, hold, convey, sell, lease, let, mortgage, encumber, and otherwise deal with such real and personal property as maybe necessary for the lawful operation of the corporation.
2. To invest, acquire and hold shares of stock of other companies or corporation in accordance with law as well as to join associations, cooperatives, organizations and the like when necessary and proper to attain the purpose hereinabove enumerated.
3. To have and to exercise and all the powers and privileges nor or hereafter conferred by the laws of the Philippines upon corporations formed there under or under any act amendatory or supplemental thereto or substituted there for.
4. And, in general to do and any and all acts that maybe permitted by the law to enable the corporation to carry out all foregoing purposes.
THIRD: That the place where the principal office of the association is to be established is at:
No. /Street: 222 NEC JUINIO HALL UP DILIMAN (If applicable)
City/Town: Quezon City Province _______________
FOURTH: That the term for which the association is to exist is fifty (50) years from and after the date of issuance of the certificate of incorporation.
FIFTH: That the names, nationalities, and residences of the incorporators.
EIGHT: That no part of the income which the association may obtain as an incident to its operation shall be distributed as dividends to its members, trustees or officers subject to the provisions of the Corporation Code on dissolution. Any profit obtained by the association as a result of its operation, whenever necessary or proper shall be used for the furtherance of the purposes enumerated in Article II, subject to the provision of Title XI of the Corporation Code of the Philippines.
NINTH: That R. Pascual has been elected by the members as Treasurer of the association to act as such until his/her successor is duly elected and qualified in accordance with the by-laws; and that as such Treasurer, he/she has been authorized to receive for and in the name and for the benefit of the association all contributions or donations paid or given by the members.
TENTH: That the association manifest its willingness to change its corporate name in the event another person, firm or entity has acquired a prior right to use the said firm name or one deceptively or confusingly similar to it.
ELEVENTH: That the association shall comply with the requirements for non-stock
corporations in the course of its operation.
In Witness Whereof, we have hereunto signed this Articles of Incorporation, this 21st day of March, 2007, in the City/Municipality of Quezon City Province of _____________________, Philippines.
(All incorporators appearing on the fifth article and the two witnesses should affix their signatures on the blanks provided in this page above their respective names.)
BEFORE ME, a notary public in and for Quezon City Philippines, this 12th day of June, 2007 personally appeared:
All known to me and to me known to be the same persons who executed the foregoing Articles of Incorporation and they acknowledged to me that the same is their free and voluntary act and deed.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my notarial seal on the date and at the place first above written.